Baie-Comeau Quebec Canada

93 Cruises availables At departure or passage at this port


Frequently Asked Questions

At the municipal wharf, minutes from the town centre. A shuttle usually links the pier to the shopping district about a kilometre and a half away.
It is doable, about a kilometre and a half, but the ship's shuttle makes it easier. Once downtown, distances are short and the call suits unhurried exploring.
The Marquette district and Sainte-Amélie church, then Parc des Pionniers along the bay, make a pleasant half day. The excursion to the Manic-2 dam, some twenty kilometres north, takes most of the day instead.
It was founded in 1937 by Robert R. McCormick, owner of the Chicago Tribune, who needed timber and power on Quebec's North Shore to print his newspaper. The paper mill still runs.
Behind a granite facade, the frescoes and stained glass of Guido Nincheri, a Florentine-born artist whose work adorns dozens of churches across North America. The ceiling is startlingly intense for a northern industrial town.
Yes, several shore excursions go there. The dam lies about twenty kilometres north and the road runs through dense forest. It is one of the great Quebec construction projects of the 1960s.
Often, from shore. The cold estuary waters draw minke and fin whales in season, and Parc des Pionniers is one of the best vantage points. Nothing is guaranteed: it takes patience and some luck.
French, with the singing accent of the North Shore; English is little spoken outside the tourist trade. The currency is the Canadian dollar and cards are accepted everywhere.
June to September, when St. Lawrence cruises are running and whales frequent the estuary. The northern light, shifting and clear, remakes the landscape hour by hour.
The northern larder: wild berries, forest mushrooms, fish and seafood from the estuary. The St-Pancrace microbrewery downtown has built a reputation on beers with boreal aromas, and the shops sell cloudberry jam and boreal herbal teas.